Thursday, August 27, 2009

Interesting Articles







Heart Rate (you may or may not be able to access this entire article)




It never ceases to amaze me that people don't realize these things. It somewhat perplexes me that we need to do research to confirm them. Then again I guess some people need concrete proof. I personally do appreciate the heart rate study though. I have worked hard on my nerves in the saddle. As in pretending they're not bothering me but typically if I was very worried, no matter if I concentrated on my body staying relaxed, though it helped, my boy was still on edge. Guess he was paying attention to my heart beat. They know that doesn't lie and horses, if nothing else, are honest. That is at least in my experience. I still don't know how I've slowed my heart rate, but that tigthening in my chest is long gone these days. I am able to laugh when he side jumps at a bird; he jumps, splays, I laugh and tell him he's silly, he walks on. It didn't used to go that way. Anyways, I found those two very interesting and thought someone else might too.




As GoLightly and FernValley suggested, I stretched my boy today as I mentioned in my previous post after tightening his girth. I think he appreciated it very much. He actually seemed to walk and trot more freely, sooner... maybe his long warm ups were partly working the girth so it wasn't pinching the skin behind his elbows. Pulled out the D level Pony Club Manual I bought when I started with my second instructor. I guess I didn't read that part carefully. Good stuff in that manual. I guess no one thought about telling me about it in my lessons before either. Same with tenting my saddle pad... Ah well, I'll just keep learning and trying to be better for my boy. Afterall, they say he is watching and listening...


2 comments:

  1. The day you stop learning with horses , you are done with horses.I hope to never get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here,here! What FV said:)

    hey, we all learn, from each other.

    Off to read the articles.

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete